When I Get Old

What will I be like when I get old?

I'll wear flowery prints and carry a cane

I'll curl my hair 

Wear plastic caps in the rain 


My skin will sag at my jowls and other bits

Wrinkles will line my once pretty face

I'll forget where I am 

Lost track of time and space


I'll sprout little white whiskers

From my nose to my chin

I'll call people Deary

Forget to put my teeth in


I'll tell the same story to anyone who will listen

Say things like "back in my day"

And "when I was a girl"

And "what did you say?"


My legs will quit working

I'll probably have gout 

I'll have three sets of glasses 

And ask you to shout


I'll plan big nights out for a Monday at three

Down at the bingo hall 

I'll wear my best velour

Bingo! You'll hear me call 


But I'll still be the coolest little old bitty

With these tattooed sleeves

I was a young'un once 

If you can believe



By: T.J. Ruberto 2021



This one is a work in progress, but something I wanted to share all the same. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sense

House

Waiting