My Boy


You, my boy, remind me to laugh at myself 

To laugh at others, to laugh at you

You remind me what it is like to be 

Carefree

You think farts are hilarious 

Breaking wind in the silence

Butt cracks are cute in your

Humble opinion

You tell me how handsome you are 

And walk around snapping your fingers like a 

Diva 

You’re hilarious 

You require bear hugs and big kisses 

Row Row Row Your Boat on repeat 

Even though you’re almost ten 

You make little snuffling noises when you sleep 

Remind me what innocence is 

And never waste a good burp 

You smell of shampoo and still, some how 

You’re dirty 

From knees to elbows

Bike riding is an adventure in and of itself 

You take Lego seriously and video games

More so

You wear mismatched socks

And wrinkled shirts 

Not giving a toss about fashion 

If I let you, you’d swear like a trooper 

Dropping f-bombs just because you could 

You think you’re the boss 

The guy with all the answers 

You never give up without a fight 

Even when you’re wrong

You’re the magic in my day, the sparkle in my night

Whatever would I do without you 

To brighten up my world 


By: T.J. Ruberto 2021


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sense

House

Waiting