Left


We should’ve left this morning,
Before the dawn set in, 
Packed our bags and walked away,
Left behind this lustful sin. 

Last night was really something, 
Unexpected carnal play, 
But when the sun rose once again, 
What was there left to say?

Chemistry and pheromones, 
Beckoned me to this place, 
Where I found myself with you again, 
Lost track of time and space. 

It never fails to amaze me, 
How I can’t resist your charm, 
Regardless of the consequences,
Or how it does me harm. 

You’re completely irresistible, 
One thing I can’t ignore, 
You always seem to pull me in, 
Leave me begging, craving more. 

Without a doubt, you’re bad for me, 
This will kill me I am sure, 
But how can something that feels so right, 
Be something so impure.

We should’ve left this morning, 
Before regret set in, 
We should’ve never started this, 
But it’s a battle I won’t win. 


By: T.J. Ruberto 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sense

House

Waiting