Leave The Lights On


Leave the lights on, 
Let me see your skin. 
Let the rays wash over you, 
Oh won’t you let me in. 

I want to see all of you, 
The flaws and imperfections, 
Take me on your roller ride, 
The ups, the downs, inflections. 

You don’t need to hide from me, 
Candescent skin as smooth as silk, 
Let me see you clearly,
Let down the walls you’ve built. 

Your perfection isn’t perfect, 
And therein lies the truth, 
Leave the lights on, Darling, 
So you can see it too. 

I want to see the parts of you,
That you hide from all the world, 
Let me tell you all the things, 
That you’ve never heard.

Leave the lights on, Darling. 
Bare yourself to me, 
Throw caution to the wind, 
Let yourself be free.  


By: T.J. Ruberto 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sense

House

Waiting