Sharing Some Love....

DISCLAIMER: I did NOT write this. My husband did. We were discussing yesterday whether or not we wanted or needed one another. I told him I needed him and felt his presence was a necessity to life. Although his initial response was not this wordy... I woke up to this today and felt loved beyond words. So, although it wasn't written by me, it was written for me and thus blog worthy. ;)



I NEED YOU

I need you to tell me to pick up my clothes,
I need you to tell Niven to stop picking his nose.
I need you to tell me to take the kids here and there,
I need you to tell me that you always care.
I need you to remind me of the things I need to do,
I need you to tell me to do them now too.
I need you to yell,and to scream and to fight,
I need your heart in it or it will never feel right.
I need you to keep track of, to budget, to plan,
I need you to manage our extended kid clan.
I need you to smile, and love me in bed,
I need you to calm, my hot tempered head.
I need you to laugh to chuckle out loud,
I need you beside me, so I can be proud.
I need you to help me guide our kids through life,
I need you to be my strong, beautiful wife.
I need you to grow old with me until we are grey,
I need you to keep yelling, I won't hear a damn word you say.
I need you to be there when I take my last breath,
I need you to know I love you to death.

~ by Amedeo Ruberto

Photo by: Gabrielle Rubin of Firefly Photography

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sense

Waiting

House