You. Me. Your World.

Everyone struggles sometimes and I am a firm believer is supporting one another through thick and thin, over smooth trails and bumpy roads.
Over the last week or so I have been struggling. People... actually... friends, and yes, family too, have chosen to avert their eyes more often than not. People I have known for years, people I have offered help and support to, people I have been there for countless times, have averted their eyes. Perhaps they are being polite by not being intrusive, but that's certainly not how things come across.
Sometimes all anyone needs is a little love, a little attention, and someone to put their arms around you and tell you they are there and that they empathize with your struggles.
More often than not lately, it seems some people really can't see past the end of their own nose and your struggles are literally water rushing under the bridge on which they stand.

I know. A little negative. A little depressing. I promise, I will come back with something bright and cheery, but for now... here's my heart.



YOU.

There's always something else, someone else, somewhere else.
And then there's me.

My spirit is broken, shattered, my world is upside down and ripped apart,
And then there's you.

You talk over others, walk over souls, brush away hardships,
And then there's me.

My tears free fall, my knees buckle, my heart plummets,
And then there's you.

Your tears are wetter, your knees weaker, your heart more broken,
Because, really, there's just you.

You and your world in which the rest of us reside.

~by T.J. White (2016)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sense

Waiting

House