Untitled Musings

Sometimes when I write I close my eyes and just type. Whatever words, rhythms and rhymes come into my head I just write down. This seems to be happening more and more often over the past few days. 
Today, during some down time I sat down with my coffee and computer with the intention to write something though I was unsure what exactly. I took one sip of my much needed (and well-deserved I might add) coffee before setting it down to begin writing. Before long, my musings transformed into what you see below and a cup full of cold, not so delicious, coffee. 
Although this is still a work in progress I thought I would share it here. Please feel free to comment and share some feedback. 
For now, I think I will try again with the coffee. Perhaps this time I will drink it while it's warm. 


UNTITLED

Go ahead, walk away from us, take it all in stride.
Don’t look back I’m just your girl, can’t say I never tried.

You say the grass is greener on the far side of the fence,
But how do you know this is true if you say you never went.

What makes this place your prison walls, the gates that lock you in,
It is not me that keeps you here, you hold the keys within.

No one ever said you had to stay if you’re heart does not belong,
But lie to me I beg you not, it is not I who’s done you wrong.

It is you, your bleeding heart alone, that wants to go a stray,
I love you dear, I truly do, but I won’t stand in your way.

To each his own despite our vows, promises forever lost,
You made your choice, you broke my heart despite the tragic cost.

The days of love and lust have long passed by us, you and I,
But sometimes it’s not about the magic but choosing not to say goodbye.

Have you ever thought you might be here because you know,
That love takes work and time to ripen, blossom and to grow.

Whoever said love was easy never knew of true love’s pain,
Real love will weather all the days and grow stronger after rain.

I know your heart has wandered and you think I can’t forgive,
But forgiving you and moving forward is the only way I’ll live.

What can I do to make you see, that we can weather through,
That I am worth my weight in gold when standing next to you.

I know things are not perfect and sometimes it seems too much,
But reach out your hand and feel the magic, it’s right there in our touch.

We are worth a battlefield, the fight through drudging days,
I will give you all of me, my love, if only you would stay.

I beg you please don’t turn your back to walk away again,
My heart may ache and break apart but we’re worth it in the end.

We are no more broken than you convince your heart we are,
Stay with me now, let’s fight for us and never be apart.

It’s not too late for you to turn, come back and hold my hand,
I’m standing here , by your side to face what God has planned.

                                                             ~ T.J. Ruberto © 2014





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sense

Waiting

House