Monumental Pieces


Monumental Pieces

I am one-hundred-thousand tiny pieces 
    scattered on the earth. 
I am a perplexity of emotions,
    a conundrum of cause and effect. 

I am discombobulated odds and ends 
    falling through my hands.
I gather up my parts
    these tokens
    that make me whole inside. 
My harvest rich with revelry
    and with mourning. 
    This is a reaping of remembrance. 

These mementos once relinquished 
    in disarray amidst my time.
I am an infinite enigma,
    one of the grandest proportions. 
I am a mystery
    even to myself 
    an audacious and beautiful bewilderment. 

I am transfixed 
    by the separation of these fragments 
    dispersed within my soul.
I am confusion 
    and yet composure 
    residing in one dwelling.  
I am a contradiction of rationale. 
    I am a medley 
    only avowed to some
    in delicate partitions. 

My complete being
   a fantasy theorized, 
   but never witnessed in entirety
   for I am Delphian by nature.
I accept my inexplicability 
    the complication that abides. 

I am a masterpiece 
    segmented. 
I am artistry and elegance 
    fragmented in moiety. 
I am mesmerized by my pieces 
    for this is my innermost treasure, 
    these partitions of my soul.

by: T.J. Ruberto (c) 2017 




My friend and blogger over at Between Now And Zen wrote yesterday about the puzzle pieces of his soul and how he feels as though he is forever trying to pick up the pieces, create the bigger picture,present the masterpiece as a whole. This got me to thinking: aren't we all a bit of a conundrum? Don't we all keep parts of ourselves hidden from the world, from ourselves? Don't we all experience times when we just can't pick up the pieces, we just can't get the picture, we just can't figure out who or what or where or how we are or were meant to be? I know I feel completely lost some days. I feel as though I am incapable of keeping all that I am together, the pieces on the same planet let alone in the same room. What I am trying to learn, accept, and understand, is that my discombobulation is ok, that I am not alone, that I am perfect within my imperfections. So, whether or not I have it together today or tomorrow or the next day, I am still beautiful because, quite simply I AM. I am alive. I am present. I am submerged in a world of light and love and happiness. I am because God gave me this life, these gifts. He gave me the difficult and the challenging so that my soul could learn something important, to take something substantial into the next life. God gave me my peculiarities because that is what keeps things interesting, makes me different, and propels me into the next stage of this magical journey. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sense

Waiting

House