Passion and Obsession

I am passionate about art

The way paint flows across a canvas

Textures made from liquid, out of charcoal, out of ink

Depth on one dimensional planes 


I love words

Black letters scrolled across white pages

Words I know and words I don’t

Lives plastered on paper


I am a Christmas lover

Glittering ornaments hung on boughs 

Warm fires crackling in the hearth

Family brought together from near and far


I am obsessed with food

The sweet, the salty, the soft, the crunchy

Good choices, poor choices, calories galore 

Feeling sick from eating too much or not enough


I am crazy; just crazy 

I worry over worry, obsess over obsessions

I spend days wondering if I am losing my mind

Then spend hours crying and still thinking ‘I’m just fine’


I am obsessed with the concept of pain

Why do I hurt so much one day and not the next

What is this new pain and where did it come from 

Is this pain a sign of something more sinister yet to come


These are the things that rule my days

These are the things which soothe me 

Plague me

Give me reason to keep moving forward

Give me reason to end it all 

These are the things - the be all and end all. 

By: T.J. Ruberto 2020


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sense

House

Waiting